Friday 31 May 2013

And then everything went white.


At the beginning of the week, the first snowfall hit town.  I woke up to find the mountains and lake hidden behind clouds.  All day it kept up and I thanked my lucky stars I didn't have to go out in it, unlike Zim, who had to spend the day up to his ankles in the white stuff.  Instead I watched the world from my window.  With  an indecisive heater for company, I was looking rather fetching in my 500 layers and tomato soup for company.


I love the transformation snow allows a location. It makes me feel like I've stumbled through a wardrobe and into Narnia. However, it wasn't until the next day that we could all see its effect on the mountains.


The snowfall felt really special, as if we were being given a glimpse of things to come.  Incidentally, it also coincided with some pretty amazing news which I feel will make my New Zealand adventure, much, much better.  I've been a bit rubbish on the blog front lately and have a lot of explaining to do, but don't you worry, all will be revealed.  

4 comments:

Audrey said...

It looks fun! The first snowfall is always the best. ;)

http://thatbackpacker.com

Unknown said...

It was! There is something great about snow when you don't have to worry about road closes or cancelled trains.

I think I'm turning into a snow bunny.

KyLee said...

I've just started reading your blog and I have to say I really like it! I've always wanted to travel, but don't see a time when I can afford to. Not to sound creepy, but I love reading about your travels and looking at all the pictures. Really great stuff!

Unknown said...

Thank you likely and its not creepy at all. I spend a lot of time looking at people's pictures and visiting travel blogs!!

All i can say is go travel, as long as you have a valid visa and a willingness to work, you can find ways to afford it :)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...