Saturday 13 April 2013

My Queenstown Bucket list


We got on the plane, got paid work and found a home for the next six months. Now what?  This is a question I've been asking myself a lot lately. What do I want from my time in Queenstown? What activities do I have to do before I leave?  After much consideration, this is my list.


  • Learn to Snowboard. This is the big one and the main reason I'm in Queenstown. I'm not looking to join the Olympic squad, just good enough not to hurt myself
  • Go to the Ice bar - always wanted to try one of these places
  • Go out on the lake aboard the steamboat TSS Earnslaw 
  • Go up on the Gondola
  • Have a go on the luge
  • Walk the Ben Lomond track

There are a lot of things to do in Queenstown and this is just a shortlist.  Has anyone else been to Queenstown? If so am I missing an essential activity off my list? All ideas welcome!

4 comments:

1234 said...

You'll have the best time in QT - we just moved out of our flat after living there for 6 months. So sad we won't be returning - it's the most beautiful place on earth! Make sure you eat at Flame whilst you're there - it's the best ribs I've ever had and really well priced too. Also make sure you do the obvious stuff like visiting Milford Sound! Which is stunning. xx

Unknown said...

I've walked past flame a couple of times and wondered what it's like, I'll definitely be giving it a go. Yes Milford sound looks amazing from the pictures I've seen. Would love to do a kayak tour there.

Margo & Brodie said...

Add these to the list Hels...

Skydive over the lake
Horse Ride western style round the mountains
Bike the lake trail

x

Unknown said...

The Lotr horse ride would be great! Although a lot of them ask for experienced riders.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...