Thursday 22 December 2011

The Blue Mountains

A few months back I went on a camping trip to the Blue mountains with friends from the ship. As two of them were experienced rock-climbers, I also attempted some climbing.


Getting there was a little bit stressful; we left late after a full days work. However, a couple of guys were amazing driving at night and putting the tent up. Luckily two of the guys had a van and we could  borrow another from a friend.  Our home for the night was a free camp site up on mount York. In the morning we had breakfast and then it was time to climb. Have to say I fell off more than once, thank god I had a rope attached to me! As the guys were a little bit more hardcore than me, while they went on climbing, me and Zim went for a bush walk.





If you ever come to New South Wales, do not miss the blue mountains. I think the picture below says why.


These are the three sisters. Legend has it that a sorcerer  turned his daughters to stone so no one could 'mishandle' them. However, he died before he could turn them back, and there they stand watching over the mountains. We stopped at this view point before heading back to the city.



     Yep, definitely coming back here again.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hmmm... my rock climbing experience ended with me in tears and I didn't fall at all! Looks like a fun camping trip!

Unknown said...

I have decided in 2012 that more camping is needed, even if there is no rocks.

p.s, I had no tears but worked out outdoor climbing is a lot harder than it looks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...